Monday, June 20, 2011

Panorama Shot's from Xperia X10i.

Last week we brought you news of a new Panorama app that Sony Ericsson has released for the Xperia X10. It seems to be a very smart app and a very easy way to capture panorama shots without the traditional method of ‘stitching’ your pictures together.


One of our readers, Pat, got in touch to share some of the impressive samples he has taken in and around Sydney. Some of the shots have some banding issues and the ones in well lit conditions come out best. However, they are all well worth checking out on his blog, What are your impressions of the app? Have you managed to get decent results?

Panorama Shot's from Xperia X10 


Ok well as I sort of said in the last 2 post's Sony Ericsson has come out with a beta app for Panorama shots. The app allows you to create an easy panoramic picture by selecting a direction, pressing the capture button and then panning the camera to shoot the photo. This is a ‘Sony Ericsson Beta’ app so it is still work in progress, however from my play time it is very good and well worth downloading. However, if you want to give it a try you can always download the apk here. From what I know it's only available for the Xperia X10.

But I have a few shot's from my travels today.

This first shot, is at Sydney Flemington Markets, it's just a great place to experience. All the fresh food, and unusual fruit and veg. All the different nationalities, and the amount of non-English speaking people selling their produce. They certainly know their money :P As for the shot it's self, it isn't perfect, and it was pretty dark at the time it was taken, despite the lights. It was taken around 5.00am before the sun even showed signs of showing. I found the app worked a lot better during brighter conditions.


This next shot, was in well lit conditions, and for whatever reason banding occurred, but I still really like this shot. It has a kinda old feel to it. The shot is taken in Haberfield, along Ramsay Street, just down from Pasticceria Papa one of the best shops when you want a treat. Tho I was heading down to Colefax Chocolates.   :)


The next few shot's are just in my Aunty's Backyard, and were probably the best shot's of the day.




Overall I found the app really easy to use, tho It's not as great as the IPhone app's I have seen that do panorama shot's.

Tomorrow night I plan on writing up on my new identity, it's still been developed, but I'm pretty sure my logo will be finalised by then...still doing some minor tweaks  :)


That's it from me for now

Pat  :)


Graphic Design By Pat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment